RVAP is a sexual assault victim advocate and prevention education agency. We serve anyone impacted by sexual violence -- survivors and/or their loved ones in the following eastern Iowa counties: Cedar, Des Moines, Henry, Iowa, Johnson, Lee, Washington, Van Buren. This includes but is not limited to individuals of any age, gender, identity, culture, etc.
Services for faculty, staff, students, and community
- 24/7 support line at 319-335-6000 or 1-800-228-1625
- Walk-in services (Iowa City Office only) Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Advocacy (immediate support and get information/options)
- Accompaniment to meetings (ex: medical appointment, interview with law enforcement, meeting with an attorney, meetings at the University)
- Therapy, Support Groups, Referrals
For UI community:
- Exploration of academic, housing, legal, support, safety resources; support before, during, after university reporting process;
- Presentations: RVAP has a wonderful prevention team available upon request for presentations.
- There are also numerous volunteer opportunities and ways to get involved!
Make an appointment
To contact RVAP for appointments or any reason, visit their get help page.
There is no cost for this service.
RVAP services are available to students, faculty, staff, and anyone within Johnson (and several other) counties. Visit their website to find resources within and outside of their service area.
Is this page helpful? Please provide feedback on this content.