Call or text
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the United States.
UI Student Support and Crisis Line
The UI Student Support and Crisis Line is available any time via chat, phone, or text at 844-461-5420. In partnership with CommUnity Crisis Services in Iowa City, the University of Iowa provides around-the-clock mental health crisis and support for all students.
Suicide prevention training
UI Suicide Prevention Task Force
The Suicide Prevention Task Force at the University of Iowa was founded in 2020 with the intent to establish a culture of suicide prevention on campus. Our primary mission is to provide leadership in the development of connections and partnerships of students, faculty, and staff in order to create a holistic, sustainable, research-driven, and culturally informed approach to suicide prevention. As we grow our relationships throughout the campus community, we hope to foster an authentic sense of belonging to the University of Iowa, reduce the stigma of mental health & suicide, and facilitate collective hope as we work to reduce suicide on our campus.
What is Kognito?
Learn to help a friend
Kognito is an online, interactive role-play simulation program for students, faculty, and staff that builds awareness, knowledge and skills about mental health and suicide prevention.
- Academic Support and Retention
- Belin-Blank Center
- Body Image & Eating Disorder Awareness
- Campus Recreation & Wellness Center
- Center for Diversity and Enrichment
- Collegiate Recovery Program
- Cultural Centers
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- International Student and Scholar Services
- LGBTQ Counseling Clinic
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- Pomerantz Center for Leadership and Career Advancement
- Rape Victim Advocacy Program
- Seashore Psychology Clinic
- Student Care & Assistance
- Student Disability Services
- Student Engagement & Campus Programs
- Student Health
- Student Legal Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Wellness
- Veteran and Military Community
- Women's Resource & Action Center